What your podiatrists in Denver, CO want you to know
Your feet take a beating during your lifetime. They carry you through whatever activity you are doing. Feet are important and yet they are often ignored, leading to foot problems. There are some foot problems which are serious or bothersome enough to require foot surgery. So how do you know if you need foot surgery? Your podiatrists at Diabetic Foot & Wound Center in Denver, CO Dr. Eric Jaakola and Dr. Anna Weber want to help answer that question.
You may need foot surgery because of:
- An arthritis-related problem; arthritis can destroy your joints and lead to bone deformities which can impair your ability to function. Surgeries of this type include fusion of joints or realignment of your foot.
- A diabetes-related problem; diabetes impairs blood flow and nerve function leading to ulcers, tissue death, or diabetic neuropathy. Surgeries of this type include closure of an ulcer that won’t heal, removal of dead tissue or even amputations.
- Plantar Fasciitis-related pain; plantar fasciitis causes pain which can affect your ability to walk or stand. Surgeries of this type include tendon release to eliminate tension on the tendon.
- Bunions and hammertoes; these bone deformities can affect your ability to wear shoes, walk and stand. Surgeries of this type involve removing bone to correct the deformity, and realigning your foot or toes.
Your podiatrists offer a full range of foot and ankle surgeries to correct foot and ankle problems. For a complete list of conditions which can be helped by surgery, please visit the foot and ankle surgery page on the website at https://www.denverfootcare.com/foot-surgery.html
You can enhance your life with foot surgery in many ways. When you choose foot surgery you will experience:
- Long-lasting, permanent pain relief
- Better foot function and mobility
- Better looking feet
- An easier time finding and wearing shoes
If you have foot problems related to a medical condition or other cause, it may be time to think about foot surgery. Surgery can help your feet function better and look better. For more information about foot and ankle surgery call your podiatrists at Diabetic Foot & Wound Center in Denver, CO today!